All responses to any of the above articles can be given here, just click on the button immediately below this line labeled “1 reply ” and type away! Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is hermeneutics? Is it worth the time to learn?
Our purpose is simple. We want to contribute in some small way to the spiritual growth of all who read this blog.
We also want to share some few details of my research. Over the years I have been motivated to delve into the depth of a few subjects. These expeditions have been very enlightening to me and my hope is that you also will find something of benefit. Some of the subjects are of interest to only a few because the implications are not spiritually threatening, but others have profound spiritual consequences. So look at the list of research papers, listed above, and see if there are any that grab your interest. If you have a particular question that you would like to have discussed on this blog, just write and we will give it serious consideration.
Topics that have been researched:
1) Does the Bible teach that time, itself, will end? Yes, Rev. 10:6, KJV and before. Current translations err in translating chronos.
2) Does Psallo allow for instrumental music in the worship? This old question will not die. My research is original and thorough but probably not new, but it may be presented from a different prospective.
3) An elder must be the “husband of one wife.” This very old and consistent translation has recently been challenged. Some say the correct wording should be “one woman man.” The error of this new thinking is clearly demonstrated.
4) The head covering mentioned in 1 Cor. 11:1-16. This is certainly not a salvation nor fellowship issue, but is very interesting and demonstrates good hermeneutics and, incidentally, has nothing to do with the worship service.
5) With all the various definitions of the word “miracle,” is it time to rethink the meaning of this word? Consider this new definition.
6) Hermeneutics! What is it and is it important? In Bible study there is nothing more important than these prerequisites!
7) Revelations chapter 20 has several interesting ideas, i.e. The 1000 year reign, who are the saints mentioned in verses 4 & 5? Who were “the dead” that were judged in verse 12, etc.?
8) How holy and reverent is the Lord’s Supper? It the most holy and reverent activity in the Christian life. A deeper study of this subject, including John 6:53-58.
9) I can remember the day when no one denied the existence of God. Now many people doubt! We must be able to meet this need. This article proves the existence of God.
10) Jesus was not just a good man!! He was God! This evidence is simple and conclusive.
11) Some Christians doubt the validity of their baptism. This article give guidelines for consideration when contemplating whether or not to be “reBaptized.”
If you have any questions or comments on any of these subjects, just write.
Have you ever wondered why so many good, honest and sincere people read the same scriptures and come to different conclusions? Jesus prayed “My prayer is not for them only [the apostles]. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, father, just as you are in me and I am in you.” John 17:20
If Jesus prayed for all of us to be one, surely that included the idea of agreeing on the teaching we find in the Bible. Is that possible? Is that practical? How can we, in reality, have the unity that Jesus prayed for? Must we all have our Ph. D. in Greek? Was God truly able to write a book that everyone could understand? If able, did He love us enough to actually do it? – Yes, He was able and Yes he was willing to do it!! But we must do our part in planning our studying as we anticipate arriving at the truth God put in the scriptures.
This blog is designed to provide a few guidelines which, when followed, will always produce a true understanding of God’s word. Sound to good to be true? Check back in see for yourself!!!
Thank you for checking out this blog. It will be mainly for writing and discussing Biblical matters. I will be posting some results of my research into Biblical questions. I will always appreciate your comments and any reasonable suggestions. …….cb
Check out the ad for my most recent book, Understanding the Afterlife and the TOC.